Our company is a leading Canadian manufacturer of pneumatic, battery powered, and electronic pistol grip torque wrenches which are marketed under the RAD trademark. RAD products have proven to be successful all over the world in such industries as oil & gas, petrochemical, mining, aerospace, power generation and manufacturing.
Operating out of Abbotsford, British Columbia, our company employs over 130 employees who are committed to achieving the highest level of innovation, quality, and performance. We don’t just manufacture great tools; we ensure quality from conception through to production, and even years after initial use.
Our extensive in-house machining facilities ensure maximum flexibility and responsiveness, enabling quick deliveries and customer satisfaction.
Our company is currently looking for experience CNC Operators with 2 plus years of experience. Wage range is between $26 to $38 per hour, based on years of experience.
The CNC Operator will possess mechanical and technical aptitude with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. The individual should be willing and able to continuously improve yourself, others, and the operations in a fast-paced, changing environment. The CNC Operator should have the ability to accurately use of quality inspection equipment including thread gauges, calipers, dial indicators, granites, and gauge blocks and possess basic computer skills including data entry and Microsoft Office based software. The CNC Operator may be requested to work overtime, willingness, and ability to is considered an asset.
Please note that this role comes with shift work on 2 week rotations as follows:
Daily hours for 1st shift will be Mon-Fri, 7:00AM-3:30PM, 2nd shift, 3:15PM-1:15AM and possible 3rd shift Sun-Thurs, 1:00 AM-7:15AM.
We offer a competitive wage, group health benefits, quarterly profit-sharing bonuses as well as assistance with education and more!
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Operates machine in a safe manner in accordance with our safety policies and procedures.
- Produce parts and products according to our quality standards and productivity goals
- Operates CNC Lathes and mills as directed by the CNC Supervisor
- Able to adjust and replace machine tooling as necessary
- Understands our manufacturing processes and makes recommendations to the department supervisor and CNC technician to improve the manufacturing process when applicable
- Performs additional side operations as necessary during machine cycle time as required
- Performs daily maintenance of machines as required
- Performs other responsibilities as needed to ensure the success of the CNC operations and the company as a whole
- Participates and engages in a team-oriented manner and holds personal accountability in the performance of other duties and responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary training in CNC Programming / Machine Operation considered an asset.
- Familiar with Okuma / Haas Machines an asset.
- Additional manufacturing process certifications considered an asset training / Lean / ASQ / Six Sigma
- 1-2 years’ experience in a manufacturing CNC environment with machine operation / Quality control / Inspection.
- 6 months - 1 year experience proving programs and running 4 and 5 axis machines.
- Experience with shift work considered an asset.
- Must be able to read drawing and inspect parts to drawing, GD&T.
- Must be able to set up and run CNC lathes, vertical mills, and horizontal mills.
- Must be able to follow procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to manage around tight deadlines and still get it right.
- Have strong computer skills and knowledge of programming CNC machines (CAM).
- Strong problem solving skills in machining.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits including health and dental coverage, EAP, and profit sharing bonuses.
- A fun innovative culture with a high-quality product we are all proud of.
- Our office is in the heart of the Fraser Valley, in Abbotsford, B.C.
- NWT is an equal opportunity employer welcomes applicants of all backgrounds.
Join our team- Apply Now